Best Noise Cancelling Headphones of 2015
I admit it. I get distracted easily.
That’s why I went looking for the best noise canceling headphones of 2015.
The thought of being able to cancel out distractions was very appealing, and I was willing to spend a decent amount on them.
I figured, if I ended up working more, and therefore earning more money, they surely would be worth it.
In case you are having the same thoughts, here are the top 3 headphones I have found.
I had to spend a lot of time researching this, so by posting it on my blog I hope to save you the trouble.
#1. Bose Quiet Comfort 25
Consumer Reports recommends them. EVERYBODY recommends them…
Get these if you – like me – prefer headphones over earphones.
In other words, you want something to go OVER your ear rather than INSIDE your ear.
I picked the 25 as #1 because:
1. They are extremely effective. They have soft cushion ear cups which effectively seal off the ears from environmental noises. They also have noise canceling microphones in and outside the ear cups.
2. Those soft cushion ear cups are SO comfortable!
The headphones come with a sturdy carrying case, airplane adapter and battery. You also get a 30 day money back guarantee just in case you don’t like them (unlikely).
There are hardly any negative reviews online about the headphones. Those who don’t like them complain that they are too expensive (yes, I agree. But as I wrote above, if they make me more money – they are worth it!)
So the Bose Quiet Comfort 25 are definitely the winners for me.
#2. Bose QuietComfort 20i
These are actually supposed to be the #1 noise canceling devices. But I made them #2 because I like headphones better.
The earphones feature the most advanced noise cancellation circuitry.
Also, they are extremely comfortable.
The fit securely.
They have crisp highs and base response.
And work perfectly in passive mode.
What else can you ask for (besides being earphones)?
Well, here are additional features:
– silicone ear tips which seal off the ear comfortably and securely
– an extra fin-like feature which presses against the ear lightly to offer added stability (unlike other earphones, these won’t fall off easily)
– an inline microphone
– a remote control.
– compatibility with Windows, Android, Blackberry and Mac OS.
The Bose Quiet Comfort 20i earphones are undoubtedly the most advanced and flexible noise cancellation earphones in the market today.
#3. Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B QuietPoint
They are still good (not as good as Bose, but close).
Their product description on Amazon claims that they have a superior noise canceling circuitry. They also claim that the the ATH-ANC7B has been tested and proven to reduce environmental noise by approximately 90%.
Customer reviews seem to agree – these work well.
They are also comfortable: the ear cups are well cushioned and fit perfectly over the entire ear.
Great value for the money!
#4 Parrot Zik
Get this if you are looking for something that is wireless and supports Bluetooth.
These headphones are not as good as the others. The noise cancellation is not as good, the sound quality is not as good, and they are less comfortable.
But they do the job. They are wireless. And they’ve got Bluetooth. And in that category – they are the best.
Two note to keep in mind:
1. If you are not listening to music, you may feel a pressure sensation when using noise canceling headphones. This is normal, and if it bothers you – play some music in the background.
2. The headphones will NOT cancel loud noises, but they are great for shutting out an airplane’s air conditioning or crowd chatter.
So, there you go.
These are the best noise cancelling headphones of 2015… have fun… and enjoy the quiet!